Tuesday, August 16, 2011

and again... The Lord's Prayer

... for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him... Matthew 6:8

Jesus went on to say this [the traditional version of The Lord's Prayer] is how one should pray:

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory. for ever and ever.
Amen
Matthew 6:10-13

Bing or Google “The Lord’s Prayer” and you will quickly learn that 1000s of Christians, perhaps hundreds of 1000s, say this or a similar version daily.  I’m one.  And I usually say it more than once a day.

                     (the image was found here)

There is also another verse or two I recite daily.  For comfort, or as a reminder.  I also usually find myself giving thanks and praying, in a little more detail, to both the Father and the Son.  As for the Spirit, I ask both God and Jesus for increased receptivity and wisdom to the nudges and guidance given.

Does all of this help?  I'm not sure it's a matter of help, or 'merely' something I'm supposed to do... must do perhaps.  But - yes, yupper, you betcha it's a help.  A big help.  As commonly said, "God works in mysterious ways" (and I couldn't agree more.  how about you?  aren't you able to point to this, that and the other and say to yourself you knew no way, but...).


No comments:

Post a Comment