Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The end of the world… Saturday?

A reporter and photographer grabbed me early this afternoon as I was walking off a sleepless night.  I was asked what I thought about some preacher proclaiming the world would end this Saturday.  I hadn’t heard anything about it, was ignorant about a date being set, but answered anyway, “I hope we have longer than that.”

My response was true enough; but everyday I say the Lord’s Prayer with emphasis on “Thy will be done.”  Each day I acknowledge God’s presence and stamp on the world.  I also attempt to make daily contributions to His kingdom.  I can’t say that I’m prepared for the Day of Judgment but feel that I’m moving in the right direction.

There’s a small plaque on my wall that says:
What you are is God’s gift to you.
What you become is your gift to God.
I often look at it; sometimes shudder about the past, more often renew resolve to become…

Still; I hope we have longer than Saturday.  How about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment